sâmbătă, 1 octombrie 2016

God, Bono and Peterson

„... the only way we can approach God is if we’re honest through metaphor, through symbol, so 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞, not as an adjunct, but actually as a way, symbol, we use it all the time, you know, we, beautiful, we’ve always loved the symbols of wetting, baptism, going under the water. So I love symbols and I learned about art, I learned the prophets, I learned from Jeremiah, with that book, and that really changed me.” (Bono)
„There's something very refreshing about U2. It's honest music. There's an honesty and that's why I think the word prophetic is accurate for them. They are not saying things that people want to hear to make them escape from their ordinary lives. They push us back into the conditions in which we have to live.”
„The primary use of prayer, according to the psalms, is not for expressing ourselves, but in becoming ourselves, and we cannot do that alone.”
„The psalms … showed me that 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡.” (E. Peterson)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu